media and public relations
Working with you to raise your profile and maintain the recognition that you deserve
…across Wight and North Island
a powerful partnership… passionate about communications
David D. Ballard
member of the National Union of Journalists
and former member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Associate Member of the Museums Association
Isle of Wight 01983 752583
PO40 9QH firstname.lastname@example.org
holiday-home advisory service
Before you talk to an architect or builder… talk to us!
How do I make this property appeal to visitors?
What is the holidaymaker’s decision-making process?
Who is my ideal guest?
Where and when do I advertise?
In order to hit the ground running and pull in those booking enquiries, your property has to SELL.
What is my property’s unique selling point?
What are the wow factors?
Lots of useful ideas. David really understands tourism.
Tim A, Whitwell
Visit Isle of Wight is busy raising the Island’s profile now. We have been rediscovered as a one- and two-week destination
…proper breaks on the UK’s Holiday Island.
We can help you pull in your share of all this new business.
– internal and external communications
– one-off campaigns and longer-term projects
– proactive media relations and media training
– interim management
– stakeholder engagement and partnership building with clients and other service providers
Albany Associates manage projects in both the public and private sectors including smaller businesses, local government (partnership and sponsorship), tourism, travel, heritage, health service, IT, engineering, membership organisations, charities and other not-for-profit enterprises. We deliver fresh crisp and exciting copy – in simple everyday English to the right audience, in the right way, at the right time – with professional judgment, first-class interpersonal skills and messages that are accessible and easy to understand.
BBC Radio… IPC Business Press… Nixdorf Computer… British Rail… the Instituion of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)…
the London Borough of Ealing… Commission for Patient and Public Involvement in Health… Birmingham City Council…
Walsall Children’s Services (Serco)… The Royal Wolverhampton Hospital NHS Trust…
Albany Associates have the right blend of qualifications, cohesive skills and personal qualities to assimilate and understand rapidly a client’s key communications objectives and deliver results to budget, on time and to the highest quality. Projects include practical events, campaigns, consultations and other PR plans to secure third-party endorsements, embrace opportunities, shape and build the corporate identity, and speak with a single voice; copywriting for newsletters, fact sheets, ghost-written features, speeches, presentations, website editorial, cascade briefings; promotional events, sponsorship, fundraising, corporate hospitality, familiarisation trips; internal and external communications; literature branding; and plain English initiatives.
detail by the bucketload… best press trips ever… keen sense of humour… imaginative and meticulous planning… personable… well respected… impressive work… thoroughly and with flair… good-quality work… interacts well with staff… a model for PR… beautifully organised…
blood, sweat and tears… crammed with interest… tireless… all arranged immaculately… impressed with efficiency and attention to detail… great PR.
We develop public affairs, stakeholder engagement and business-partner networking to establish and maintain goodwill and mutual understanding promoting social, regeneration, economic, health, education and environment issues; and support marketing and public relations agencies bringing additional expertise, positive positioning and first-class coverage for their clients
– UK house-builders, holiday homes in France and Spain, tourist attractions, engineers and recruitment.
IW County Press… Beacon Magazine… Style of Wight Magazine… Hampshire the County Magazine…
Vectis Radio… Birmingham Post… The Times… Channel 4 TV… Daily Mail… BBC TV News…
Daily Telegraph… In Britain… Boston Globe… BBC Radio Wales… Radio Ceredigion
- together with Cardiff Marketing, Wales Tourist Board, CADW and the Welsh Development Agency
…demonstrating travel to and around Wales by train with a travel writers’ house party inCardiff, attending the St David’s Day Concert in St David’s Hall
– accompanying selected members of the media on a landcruise across Scotland
– together with Mid Wales Tourism, North Wales Tourism and the Film Office, Gwynedd County Council
…a house party at Portmeirion to celebrate Hollywood in Wales
– profile raising re environment issues… protecting the river Yar
Yarmouth Harbour Commissioners
-internal communications : website editorial, e-newsletters and print
-staff, patient and visitor communications for H1N1 virus
The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
– annual report : edit and re-write in plain English
– stakeholder engagement and development including schools, councillors, MPs and MEPs
Walsall Children’s Services – Serco
– NUJ Centenary Conference: corporate hospitality in partnership with Chiltern Railways and the West Bromwich Building Society
– Vote for Birmingham registration and postal vote campaign
– Residents for Regeneration: housing conference
– Chicago Week: international partnership promotion
– Variety Club Sedan Chair Race to raise money for new burn centre at the children’s hospital
Birmingham City Council Corporate Communications
- stakeholder networking: NHS Trusts, MPs, local government, universities
re. recruitment of young people and ethnic minorities
– photography, copywriting and proof-reading of newsletters and website editorial
Patient and Public Involvement in Health Forums
– English National Opera’s Baylis Programme
– Millennium Music Week… to raise the profile of music teaching in local schools
– Tate Britain’s outreach and social inclusion initiative
– Black History Month… in partnership with schools and community groups
London Borough of Ealing
- stakeholder engagement with employers, schools and universities: seminars, conferences and corporate hospitality initiatives
across the UK and Ireland
– writing a short play: George and Robert Stephenson explain how they founded the institution in 1847
– arranging a competition for children to imagine everyday machines 150 years in the future
– partnering the University of Central England in an innovative seminar on the creative process… engineering and music
– partner-friendly business breakfasts at a church in Birmingham, a floating restaurant in Bristol and a lighthouse in Northumberland
Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ 150th Anniversary
- developed image and reputation for passenger services across Wales, the Midlands and East Anglia
…formulating, developing and driving pro-active initiatives: illustrated talks and other effective presentations and forums of discussion and debate for
directors and senior managers to pursue new and innovative ideas and forge creative partnerships with a variety of businesses, MPs, councillors,
pressure groups, PR agencies and the media based on the practical realities of capital investment and community issues
– in partnership with Gwynedd County Council… leading a party of councillors and journalists across Mid Wales by train, sitting in the cab with the driver
and walking across Barmouth Bridge with the civil engineers
– jointly with British Transport Police… launching a new schools pack and video highlighting the dangers of trespass and vandalism on the railways
– together with Birmingham Marketing Partnership
…leading 30 business leaders and other guests on a walk along a disused railway line to see the work in progress before new services began